Sacred Earth Foundation | 401 Ekone Rd, Goldendale, WA 98620 | email@example.com | 509-773-4536
Getting to Ekone Ranch
Please contact us to arrange a visit--the ranch is a busy place and it's not easy to accommodate drop-in guests! Just send us a note or give a call.
We are located about 2.5 hours from Portland and about 4 hours from Seattle. It takes just under 30 minutes to reach us from Goldendale, WA, the nearest town.
Internet will not work on your phone once you are out here, and cell phone coverage can be spotty. It will feel like you are in the boondocks – because you are!
Follow the directions below and DO NOT USE A GPS navigation system. (It will likely take you the back way on a pretty sketchy road where it is easy to get lost and/or stuck...DO NOT come to Ekone via Box Canyon Road!
1. From Seattle or Spokane: Take I-90 to Ellensburg, then take the HWY 97 exit South toward Yakima. The hwy will merge with 12 and 82 in Yakima. Turn Right to stay on Highway 97 South at Toppenish and head over Satus Pass to Goldendale.
2. From Portland: Take I-84 East past The Dalles to Biggs Junction and take Highway 97 North over the Columbia River at Biggs Junction. Follow 97 N for about 10 miles toward Goldendale.
3. At Goldendale, take the exit for Highway 142 (Broadway Street) at the 76 Service Station/Dairy Queen. Coming from the South, turn Left; it’s a Right turn from the North. This is the last spot with reliable cell phone coverage.
4. Go one block, then turn left at Finders Keepers onto Bickleton Highway.
5. Continue east for 10 miles (watch for milepost marker 10) and turn left onto Old Mountain Road.
6. In approximately 1 mile, the pavement curves down and to the right and crosses at Badger Gulch–follow it across the small bridge to stay on Old Mountain Road.
7. About 3 miles later, the pavement ends. SLOW DOWN to 25 mph or less. Save our roads and neighborly relations, and reduce dust and wear and tear on your car.
8. In another mile, you’ll see our neighbor's blue 455 house marker on your left and the Ekone Ranch sign on your right – Turn Right onto Ekone Road. SLOW DOWN to 15 mph or less--go ahead and shift into first gear, take a breath, and prepare to arrive!
9. You’ll pass our closest neighbors and follow the signs for Ekone for almost 1 mile, to reach the Ekone Valley. PLEASE OBSERVE THE SPEED LIMITS POSTED...stay in first gear...thank you!
10. The large octagonal building is the Ekone Ranch Lodge. Please follow the signs and park in the field to the left of the Lodge, Do not go on past the STOP sign.
YOU MADE IT; Welcome to Ekone!